Thursday, December 27, 2007

What's In Store?

I prefer not to think too much about the future. Better to live in the here and now. There's just so much permutations - trying to cater for almost every possibility would fry my tiny little human brain. However, that does not mean we can't plan ahead. Failing to plan is planning to fail, as they say.

1. Abode
Not really on the top of my list. Yeah, I probably would get a house some time in the future, but not just yet. It's a really big commitment, especially in terms of money. Staying at home is not too bad - get to enjoy home-cooked food, short travel distance, ability to look after my parents. Moving away just adds stress. Landed properties nowadays are so expensive; I'll be looking to apartments or condos. Easier on a single person.

2. Career
I'm happy with what I have, for now. This new job gives me a different experience and viewpoint compared to government service. Actually I'm glad that I took this job. How long would I be here? Who knows? After that I'd want to expand my horizons - perhaps by joining ICRC or Doctors Without Borders or similar organizations...

3. Family
I think I've made my views clear! Anyway that doesn't slam the door shut on the possibility of having a life partner. Well you never know. People change. But don't be surprised it's a family with a difference!

4. Car
My car is now approaching it's first decade. It has never given me much problems apart from the odd groan and creak here and there. The most severe problem I had was just the overheating incident few months back. What a good servant! Of course time will take it's toll... I am thinking of changing it, but car prices are still exorbitant for a medium-priced car like the Vios or City. think I'll just have to settle for something cheaper like the MyVi or Savvy, unless a windfall lands on me anytime soon...

5. Abroad
This has been playing on my mind for the last few months. Not so much for the lack of job opportunity, discrimination or the usual suspects, but for the change of environment. Having lived in this country my whole life, a broader view of the world would be good and refreshing. Perhaps not all that glitters is gold. Where to go? Still looking...

Think I will just leave it at that. Just thinking more gives me a headache!

No comments: