Sunday, December 23, 2007

What Pisses Me Off?

Wanna try a different tack today. Have been thinking about the stuff that really pissed me off over the last year - a few things keep cropping up. There's also stuff that had an effect me in the past, and though it doesn't now, it surfaces on and off. I feel it would be appropriate to group them all together.

I am generally a happy and contented person. Hope this does not in any way damage your opinion of me!

1. Queue-cutters
Doesn't matter whether they occur: on the road, on the supermarket or in the canteen. Particularly drivers. Please-lah, show some respect and exercise some patience!

2. Double-parkers
My God, what are these people thinking of? I don't mind if they double-park for a short duration and have some form of situational awareness. But there are those who don't care the least if they are a nuisance. Worse are those which double-park in front of empty parking bays - words cannot describe such stupidity.

3. Late-comers
Somehow there is this Malaysian mentality to be late for almost any activity. 10 to 15 minutes delay is accepted as a norm. I hate these people - each second of delay is compounded. FYI, I am rarely late...

4. Show-offs
Some people think they have certain privileges over others, and they love to flaunt it in your face. Perhaps they were not taught better. To these people - life always balances things out - one day, you will get your just dues. Just wait...

5. Too many secrets
While I believe there are certain aspects of our lives we should keep to ourselves, there are some who go overboard with it. Opening up a little would be good. How to give you a gift during your birthday/Christmas/New Year then?

6. Learn to take no!
This goes out to all those telemarketers and sales people who have bugged me, still bugging, and will bug me in the future. Don't you get it? I'm not interested!!!!

7. Gluttons
Oh you'll see lots of these people at open houses. Not only adults, but kids too. Have a heart for others - if not, I hope you choke on that piece of chicken!!

8. No inches!
There's a saying: give an inch and they'll ask for a foot. I learned the hard way that it doesn't pay to be nice to most people. They will take advantage of you whenever they can. And if they think you're a friend or a pushover, they'll make unreasonable demands. I only shouted at a friend only once in my life - I don't think he'll even ask for an inch now.

9. Service means service
Ahh, the service industry. If you are to serve the people, please do it. Waiting is waiting, but exceedingly long waits are inexcusable. Not sit behind the counter chatting to each other or having tea in the pantry. And if you want people to use technology for your industry, please ensure that they're all in working order, up-to-date and easy to use.

10. Wastage
No prizes guessing what I am referring to. So much has been reported in the mainstream media and blogs it is mind boggling! There seems to be no end in sight. The worst part is tax-payers like you and I are the ones paying for it. Perhaps next year I'll decide not to pay taxes...

11. Crime
Is Malaysia the safe and peaceful country our media portray to be? If it was it is not anymore! And what on earth is the police doing? Fighting among themselves while Nurin and Sg. Buloh cop-killers remain at large. Everyday seems to bring about more news of crime...

12. Motorcyclists
Ooh...I'm just amazed at their disregard for life and limb on the road. Speeding, weaving, overtaking, you name it - on those tiny motorcycles. One knock is enough to send them into the next world. And I thought the strongest of human instincts in preservation of life...

13. Giving way
Malaysian drivers have no courtesy. I can put my indicator lights for minutes and still these people don't give way. Worse are those who cut in front of me without giving any sign of doing so. Of course those damned motorcyclists will weave in and out especially when you want to move into another lane - with or without noticing your indicator lights!

I'll stop here for now. Thinking of it makes me boil...

No comments: