Thursday, December 20, 2007

Disaster...Nearly!

OK, so the best laid plans can go awry!! Anyway my friend missed the movie - too busy being on-call helping out his colleagues. So I had to watch the movie without him; think he missed the point that I had bought the tickets yesterday, but let bygones be bygones. I am Legend was engaging in away, but the ending was a bit of a let down I guess. Guess this kind of movies don't suit Will Smith; perhaps a better choice would be Denzel Washington? I could be wrong. So my friend didn't miss much and he probably wouldn't have fancied it.

However I managed to get him out to dinner at Sungai Wang; had this poor choice of a chicken rice but I guess that's what you get for eating at a fancy place. After that he went shoe-shopping at Metrojaya; me? window-shopping lah. So I passed him the gift just as I dropped him off at the apartment. Believe me, he does not have a clue...

As I had anticipated, he called to want to give the gift back to me; hmmph...typical Chinaman response. I was hoping that he would be thanking me profusely and saying appreciative comments - err, isn't that what people tend to say when they get something they want? I told him bluntly to keep the gift - he can do what he wants with it except shoving it back in my hands, and hung up!!. Trust me this is the typical response - give a few days and he will accept the gift for what it is.

Phew, now I'm glad that's over!

No comments: