Saturday, December 01, 2007

Grrrr...

Well today has been a fine day...for idiots that is... Why am I so pissed??? I thought it would be a straightforward day at the bank, after all this is a Saturday (though probably I'd have expected a small crowd) and some people are away for the weekend; I went to the Uptown Maybank branch - lo and behold - only one of the four ATMs and one of three CDMs were working - so you can imagine the lines there. Geez, the banks are raking in big bucks and they can't even maintain their machines in working order, and it was only 11.00 a.m. on a Saturday! I think I can count my lucky stars that the machine has not run out of money yet by the time I reached it...

As looked at the menu, I couldn't find a withdrawal amount of RM 2000 or more, only RM 1500...again I wonder whether there is a neat plan in place here: remember only Maybank (as far as I know) has a policy of four free withdrawals using ATM a month, subsequent withdrawals will be charged 50 sen per transaction - so if I want to withdraw RM 2000, I have to use up two of the free withdrawals on the first day of the month it self!!! Don't you think there's a planned conspiracy to weed more money from their customers here? Not to mention Interbank transfers online (which would save the hassle, except that it would only be processed on a working day) which command a RM 2 transaction fee...and what was I saying about banks raking in the dough??

After that I strolled over to AmBank next door - lo and behold - you guessed it, one of three CDMs worked...I think it was working overtime when it suddenly seized on a lady, RM 200 in the deposit slot with another RM 100 note half in and half out!! When the lady tried to ask for help from an employee inside, we were told that the machine was 'outsourced' and wasn't too keen to help. Outsourced??? So doesn't AmBank take the responsibility on the machines? Bad enough when that was the only machine working!!!! A few angry glares and stares finally made the guy call someone...

Well I can't be waiting for the outsourcing firm employees to come - God knows how long that would take (Malaysian style) - so I went to the SS2 branch. At least that still works...but I had to contend with a lady BMW driver who insists to double park at an empty lot - but she drove away hurriedly before I could get a photo of her (maybe I could get RM 50 for my troubles from the Star's pic of the day??).

Wonder what else would happen on this eventful day? It's just only 12.30...

No comments: