Thursday, December 13, 2007

ISA - What Else?

Well, you can't say that this was unexpected - after all the sabre-rattling and posturing all over the mainstream media, the dreaded ISA was invoked yet again in the name of peace and stability. After all, our PM did say that public safety is paramount.

I agree with him on the public safety part, but I think this HINDRAF situation has really gone overboard. I just wonder whether he has really lost the plot. After all no ISA was invoked when UMNO leaders are involved (need I say more?) - so even the blind can see the double standards here. No wonder the ISA is much maligned both from within and without.

Now it all boils down to the resolve of the people. The way I look at it, there are only two outcomes here: on one hand BN will cower the people into electing them to power again; on the other they will suffer greatly in the next election, money or no money.

We'll just have to wait and see how all this plays out. Meanwhile, my prayers go out to the HINDRAF 5 and their families.

No comments: