Saturday, December 22, 2007

Post Office

Had to go to the post-office this morning to get my road-tax done. Rather than taking my chance at the crowded Kelana Jaya office, I decided to head towards the Kampung Tunku branch. Was I pleasantly surprised. They refurbished the place!! And it was empty. I was the only customer at the time, which was 9.00 a.m. in the morning.

Main entrance; Pos Malaysia logo


Classy and sophisticated

Usually I'm skeptical because there is a tendency in this country to have better looks than substance. I was proven wrong when they called me within one minute of getting my number!! Trust me, some banks don't call you even after five minutes of waiting although you may be the only one around. Yup, it was a pleasant change.

My only grouse is that they had some problem with their JPJ computerised system (apparently they haven't started it up yet!! I mean shouldn't one be ready once the doors are opened??) But it didn't take them too long to address the issue - it was all done in 15 minutes, which incidentally is the shortest duration of time I spent waiting at a post-office!


Again, classy and comfy; for added security, there's a guard too!


Haven't figured out what this empty booth is for - and I don't think they have either!

For once I needn't find a reason to complain!

No comments: