Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Throttling

Well, well, torrenting speeds leave very much to be desired these days...it is likely that TMNet has resorted to more aggressive throttling of Bittorrent programs. Here's a snapshot of my download speed as opposed to download peers; these has been the kind of speed I am getting over the last one week:


Another thing too - lately I find that when I torrent, I have slower browsing speed elsewhere too, especially graphic-laden sites. I just wonder whether this is TMNet's methods of capping each Streamyx user's bandwidth... Everyone knows that since our total bandwidth is limited, and TMNet does not seem to have the desire to upgrade or increase the bandwidth (blaming it on poor copper wire quality and user-hogging!), I believe this traffic-shaping is being used to divert bandwidth to the 4Mbps users at our expense. Guess this is how broadband services will continue here in this country!

I just wish that they would just come out and say it straight to our faces, and then take the response like a responsible corporate citizen! I only wish there are other equivalent alternatives; but that is like wishing for the NEP to be abolished...

No comments: