Tuesday, October 30, 2007

November 10, 2007

Ooh, a threat: Police: Get permit first for Nov 10 march in KL. I think the Opposition likes threats like this. Just proves how desperate the government is to stifle any show of discontent among Malaysians. Well, I guess if the gathering goes ahead, they will carry out their threat and cart off the Opposition leaders to detention centres for a few more years - to ensure another overwhelming victory for BN in the upcoming General Elections.

But really what is the Police gonna do? Shoot first and ask questions later? Like the Batu Buruk incident, which origins till now remains a quiet mystery? And the Bar Council's Walk for Justice in Putrajaya - was there any police permit for that? OK, maybe 100,000 people could spell trouble - but I doubt the sane Malaysian would do anything to cause disorder (but obviously we would not know how many UMNO Mat Rempits would be in the crowd to stir things up, now would we?)

Unfortunately I will not be in town for the march - otherwise I would seriously consider joining the crowd. I wish them the best of luck!

No comments: