Saturday, October 20, 2007

KL: 16-10-2007

OK, this has been a bit late in coming, cuz I was in Johor Baru for work over the last three days. Anyway on Tuesday, I had the sudden urge to go down to KL for a visit and some photo-taking with my old digital camera...turned out to be an eventful day! Some of the pics were taken with the camera and some with my camera phone - I trust you can tell the difference?

To go to KL I decided to park my car in 1Utama and take the U82 RapidKL bus down...this is a view of Ikano Power Centre across the road


This is a view of 1Utama from the bus stop


Through the looking glass?


The Pavilion KL - hottest new place in town...and I caught a bird in mid-flight too!


The main foyer, I think...


The view towards the main shopping attractions in Bukit Bintang


A view from the top


Some of the decorative fittings


Guess who this belongs to? Never mind about the expensive tastes inside...

The Pavilion is not what I expected. A bit of a disappointment really. And of course shopping there is for those with deep pockets. For us poor people it's mainly for window shopping and for a look-see.


Heavy weather ahead...


And then this happened...the end of my camera, I guess


Now that's better...


This looks really bad...




Listen to the rhythm of the pouring rain...

Well I stopped there because the pouring rain made it dangerous to operate any electrical equipment outdoors. Of course there was the big screwed up fact that there is no covered walkway between the Monorail station and KL Sentral - so a big crowd built up for the chance to cross in the rain. Well, one unfortunate guy fell face down in a big puddle of water (luckily for him) running across the road to KL Sentral. Sorry, no pics!

But the day ended with me buying a new camera...


Apologies for the blur image: it's a black Olympus FE-280 8.0MP camera

My previous camera was a Canon; so I thought I'd get a different brand, maybe Sony but this Olympus caught my eye. Too bad they didn't have the silver finish (it was finished!) Unfortunately the official testing of the camera would have to wait till I get to JB and back. Keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments: