Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Bad and The Good

After writing the piece on public transport a few days back, I thought I'd give RapidKL and Transport Ministry benefit of the doubt and take public transport for my shopping session this morning. The choice was easy: Midvalley Megamall - mainly because there is a bus that goes from my place directly there. Getting there was the easy part. Getting back was the problem. There were no buses back to my place even after waiting for 45 minutes. Not to mention the heat and exhaust fumes I had to endure waiting all that time at the bus stop. So I was forced to hop on a bus to KL Sentral and wait for the bus there - it came after a grand total of 1 hour! I even had time to slowly finish my chocolate milkshake. Now this would be the last time I take a bus to Megamall; I'll pay for the parking because the time wasted waiting for the bus is not worth the extra ringgits.

View from the linkway to the KTM Komuter station


A view from the bus on my way back; it's gonna rain!

But let's talk about the positives today. I bought a DVD disc cake-pack and found out that my DVD-writer actually still works! So that means I've freed up some 15GB of space on my hard disk - enough for this year's TV season. And I got myself this cute little MP3 player - Creative Zen Stone - the 1GB storage may seem tiny, but then again I don't have that many songs to fit in. Thought initially of getting iPod, but the price put me off a bit. And yes, I am still that frugal, thrifty person I was all this while.


My blur, tiny but working Zen Stone

So I'm off to Ipoh and Butterworth tomorrow for yet another three days; after that I hope to have an enjoyable Hari Raya before ending up in Johor Baru next week. Wish me luck!

No comments: