Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Picture Story: Sabah

So lucky that I found these pictures that I took of Sabah...thought I had lost them when my friend sold off my old laptop (he was supposed to cannibalise it for my combo drive, but I guess there was an opportunity to make some money). It's not much, but at least there was something to remind me of my six years is Sabah...

My apartment block, where I stayed for four years


The living room...


and the bedroom


Constant companions: Puff the dragon, and


this you know who-lah...


A view from the balcony, during the day...


and night


Whee...my faithful car!


A view of Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where I worked - this is the standard eight-storey government hospital of the time...


The Post-Graduate Medical Centre where we did a lot of teaching, seminars, courses etc.


This is a view from one of the interchanges in Kota Kinabalu; in the background is the KWSP building


The only cinema in Kota Kinabalu before 2004


A view of Ranau, at the foot of Mount Kinabalu where I worked from 2000 - 2001


A view of Mount Kinabalu, hidden by cloud cover


The new Ranau hospital after upgrades (OK, I just took the ED only); too bad I don't have pics of the old hospital for comparison


Nice and spacious


Taken from inside the car, on my way to...


Kudat is a small town at the northern tip of Sabah; well, the main attraction there is the chance to be standing at the tip of Borneo


Not a good try for a twilight shot...


The long path towards the tip of Borneo


A commemorative plaque of sorts


You really have to wake up early to get there to catch the sunrise


You have the rocky area down there...


and calmer waters elsewhere


Some of the local poultry...kampung chicken


She sells seashells by the seashore...

There's lots more pictures, but I've lost most of them. Anyway it's still good memories for me. And since I just went over to Sabah last week, there'll be new pics to be added on...

No comments: