Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mini-trip: Penang

Stayed overnight in Penang for my work trip on Monday; didn't quite like the idea of traveling four hours up and down the North-South Highway on the same day. Fortunately a friend of mine was kind enough to let me bunk in for the night at his place.

Well, was only in Penang for a few hours...even then at night so there's nothing much to see. My friend brought me to a few places to eat - I must say that Penang food appears to have deteriorated over the years...doesn't seem to taste as good as it used to be! But then again I'm not a food connoiseur...so I'll just leave the food comments as it is.

Penang drivers are as reputable as they are made out to be!! I can't remember how many times I've been honked at, flashed at or tailgated in that few brief hours. I can't imagine driving in Penang...I'd probably die of a brain haemorrhage first!

Curiously on Monday morning, we had breakfast at this market food court near his workplace; there was a visit by the BN candidate for that particular constituency. Of course not being a Penangite, I didn't have a clue who it was that came to shake my hand. Well, at least he could have introduced himself...and not say "I'm the BN candidate for this coinstituency". Sheesh, where has common courtesy gone?

No comments: