Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another Trip

Yeah, I am again out of town! This time I'm in Kuching for four days; been here for the three days already. Instead of my usual place at Harbour View hotel, I've been put up instead in Somerset Kuching Gateway...can't call it an actual hotel cuz it's advertised as serviced apartments. Anyway the rooms are fine. My only grouse is that their cafe runs out of food by early or late afternoons. Two nights I've tried to get food there, only to be turned away. Sad...

You know it has been virtually raining non-stop since Monday. I've been told the weather has been wet for the last few weeks. A refreshing change, compared to the hot KL weather. Of course it brings about a little problem when I wanna grab some food. Fortunately there are some restaurants nearby. The first night I had to dash over to a Singapore Chcken Rice outlet - expectedly the fare was worse than mediocre. But it fills the tummy. Tonight I thought I'd try the Secret Recipe outlet: even at 7.30 p.m. I appear to be the only one there...apart from the off and on cake buyers. Food was OK, but a bit pricey. Anyway can't complain much now can I?

One advantage of staying at Somerset is the availability of free wi-fi...don't really know where it is coming from, since the hotel does not provide such services, and the speed is pathetic (actually it's TMNet hotspot I think, so go figure!) but again, can't complain as long I'm on the Internet highway! I find a great urge to stay connected...

Yesterday night a drug rep brought me over to the newly-opened The Spring shopping complex; I guess if you've seen the ones in KL, this one would look miniscule...and yeah it is. Anyway I think it's a bit of a shot-in-the-arm for the Kuching nightlife...just shows how pathetic Kuching is huh? Or perhaps I haven't been exposed to the real Kuching nightlife?

Anyway I'll be flying back tomorrow, and perhaps post a few pics here and there. Didn't really take much this time around. Maybe the next trip. Hopefully my trip back would be better than my trip here - on Monday morning, the flight was delayed almost one hour waiting for baggage for transit passengers!! And oh, those MAS meal boxes really suck...

No comments: