Saturday, February 02, 2008

Exercise


Yeah, finally I got some exercise!! This is a hiking trip up Kanching forest reserve in Rawang, which I did with a friend yesterday. And I'd just returned from Johor Baru just the night before...but tired as I was, the prospect of a short break plus exercise was too good a lure.


Around the main entrance

Entrance to the trail

Start of the trail

We left at 8.30 a.m. from my friend's place after a breakfast of curry mee (which I was to regret a bit later...) and arrived after about half-hour drive. After all it was a holiday in KL, so traffic was rather light. It was an ideal morning for a hike: cool and cloudy, and few other people around. The trail was uphill and looked deceptively easy - well, it was at first as we moved up to the third of seven waterfalls; after that there was this steep flight of stairs which really winded me...guess I wasn't as fit as I thought I was...



Looks easy huh?

Off the beaten path

A simian friend

Some of the catarcts

The third falls


Higher and higher we go



You can see the third and fourth falls from here

Then I had a bit stomach upset - dunno whether it was the climb, but it really made me threw up my breakfast and needed to go poo poo there and then. like I said fortunately there weren't many people around, so 'doing' it naturally behind the bushes was not as revealing as it could have been. Luckily that episode lasting for less than ten minutes - I was fit again after that! We took quite an amount of photos, before moving up to the top waterfall - it was beautiful, but it began to drizzle...my friend forced me to beat a hasty retreat, only to find that it onl drizzled, and not rain. Too bad, otherwise the pics there would've been great. it would have been great too if my camera hadn't run out of battery power...


At the fifth falls

Yup, he's happy!

Close-up photography in action



Some examples

The trail to the last falls

Self-portrait, along the way



The seventh falls...and the best of the lot

Trekking back down now...

More simian friends

Tired but exhilarated, down at the second falls

The walk down was not that exciting, though by that time there were more people...children and babies included! We had lunch in Rawang - nothing fancy though, and wrapped things up by 2.00 p.m. It took me an extra hour to get back due to the massive traffic snarl all over PJ...think every KL-lite was in PJ that afternoon for whatever reason...

Well, can't wait for the next trip...but think I need a bit of workout first...

No comments: