Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Face-hooked!

Yeah, yeah...I'm a self-confessed addict! Just is. No reasons why. Dunno why. It's just so damn addictive. I mean of course getting in contact with old classmates, colleagues, as well as meeting new people is fantastic, but the amount of applications it has is mind-boggling. Of course 90% of it is crap, but the remaining 10% will get you hooked...if you stay long enough!

My main addiction now is this app called (fluff)Friends...which is actually a pet adoption game: you pet the fluff (hey, that's what they call it!), feed it, give gifts and even race with other fluff owners to win prizes and munny. You can even decorate your fluff with backgrounds, mini fluffs etc. There are competitions too: the best (fluff)Art! Yeah, it sounds stupid but I'm having lots of fun with it. And so does a few thousand others!

The next is this Vampire/Zombie/Werewolf/Slayer app...basically you become one of the four, and try to get others to join your army; to move ahead, you fight others like you to get points. This one has got no prizes...just plain old point-gathering to pit yourself against your friends! Addictive too you know...

You might have read that I used to play this Pirates app...still great: you sail around gathering up booty and treasure, fight other pirates, and also get to trade booty or do monkey/parrot races at the tavern. Simple yet addictive game.

And the latest game app I've joined is Warbook - think I've entered it late, so it's kind of boring. Basically you are given a set amount of land and troops, and your hero is supposed to level up with crafty and judicious use of your resources. Of course the problem with starting late is that you are usually very fresh meat for others. So the going is painfully slow, but in a few weeks I think I'll have a lot of fun with it!

Have I used the word addictive once too often?

Then there's Boggle-like games, and a Scrabble derivative. Yeah I play both games too...problem with this Prolific (it used to be Bogglific, but there's a trademark infringement issue, hence change of name) is that you play against opponent(s) and the clock - I usually end up at the wrong end of the stick, mainly because I can watch the screen and type at the same time! Scrabulous is better for me, but the problem is the your opponents may use a word-generator against you; bummer!

There also flash games around...I actually enjoy playing Raiden here!

Then there are the more serious apps...like Fantasy Stock Exchange where you trade US stocks like you would in real-life; problem is the site has just undergone a maintenance - which created more problems than it solved! Anyway I'm using it to practice my buy-and-hold strategy. So far I'm just up a couple of K, but there's still a long time to go!

There of course other apps: for fun, sending pics, giving virtual gifts, buying and selling friends, quotes, - you name it you got it - there's just so much you can have fun with on Facebook. The are also groups you can join - though some are painfully stupid and time-wasting.

Think I've said enough...it's time to go back to Facebooking! Bye!

No comments: