Thursday, February 07, 2008

Good Times

Phew...it has been a great few days. Started off with the hiking trip. Then got to meet some new people...friend's friends...great to have a change of environment. Had a lot of dinners and drinks - so have probably gained a few pounds. An old friend came back from Singapore for a long holiday - so managed to catch up on old and new stories, and learn a few things. I've also learnt of a few good places to bring people around for food/drinks and chat...cool! And Facebook is great - keeping in touch with old school chums, and looking nostalgically at all the old photos in primary and secondary school! Gosh, how much each of us has, and has not changed!

This friend of mine came back from Singapore over the weekend; we had spent quite some time chatting - I was surprised to find out that Singaporeans are not that smart after all! The majority of decisions made in Singapore companies etc. are actually done by Malaysians! Singaporeans do not know how to get things done fast; Malaysians do! Wow! Maybe we have to thank the training given to us by our Malaysian way of life...perhaps there is some good living in Malaysia after all... I haven't seen him four four years, and I'm surprised that he's actually gotten thinner. Must be the hectic work and lifestyle he's been living...

Two days ago, I had a chat with a unit trust consultant - well they are making a living, so I'm giving them a chance - and decided to do some additional investments. Nah, he didn't convince me; I was already planning to invest, and just wanted to hear what he had to say! Not too impressive but guess because he is still new at this. Perhaps I should have given him some pointers, but we'll see how things develop from now on. Had to go to the bank on Tuesday to do open a savings account - eh, slow as a turtle. Guess certain things haven't changed! And I've noticed that the new cheque deposit machines suck when you are depositing multiple cheques, i.e. slow as a turtle (again) - bring back the old ones please!

I guess after all the exertions, I am back sick again...stupid sinusitis hasn't cleared properly; have to start back on antibiotics and toughen things out for the next few days...wish me luck!

No comments: