Friday, September 28, 2007

Surf's Up!

OK, OK, I admit that I thought that this was another one of theose hyped-up movies initially - I mean about surfing penguins??!! Well, I decided against watching this at the cinemas, despite the fairly positive reviews. So it took me this long to wait for a good DVD-rip copy to appear on the Net...and I must say I was wrong.

The idea of surfing penguins still escape me. And the storyline was of course not extraordinary. The music was not catching either. But what grabbed my attention was the rich graphic details throughout the whole movie. I mean it was really really a visual feast, and made watching the whole movie as if it was a live video feed from a far off land. I loved the 'live-cam' sequences; you can even see the water droplets as if it was a real camera - that shows the realism and detail that went into the movie. Not since Finding Nemo was I so mesmerised by the animators' creation - and giving credit where it is due, personally I think it surpassed those of Finding Nemo.

Finally, I think it has one of the best final scenes of any animation - with Cody surfing the tube with Big Z towards the sunset...



Very highly recommended, for young and old alike!

No comments: