Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Johor Baru: 17-19 September 2007

My first trip down to JB in two years. The drive was quite uneventful - since I started off at 5 in the morning - and smooth. But ran smack into the morning jam in JB town centre! Well, a jam is a jam whether it be in KL or JB. Anyway had to work for the next three days to the bone. It was tiring but I'm glad that the patients are generally uncomplicated. Stayed at the Crystal Crown Hotel - like I said before, I am a person of little expectations, but this hotel fell short of my one only requirement! Anyway it's OK for a short stay. Think it was the same hotel that I stayed in two years ago. The trip was too short for a trip to Singapore. Maybe next time. The drive back today was rather mundane as well. Anyway I survived the trip safe and sound: after all JB has got a real nasty reputation these days.

Met a friend of mine with his own clinic on Tuesday night. Guess business was fairly good from the number of patients I see in his clinic. He's a bit modest, but like most Chinese (and like me too!), financially prudent. We had dinner/supper at the Old Town coffee house in Nusa Idaman (or something like that) - it's the biggest one I have seen so far; makes the ones in KL look puny. And business is good too, judging by the number of customers they have at 10.00 p.m. at night!!

Kuching next week then!!

No comments: