Saturday, September 22, 2007

Eye opener

Had a management meeting today. Since I am new, everything was quite an eye opener. Never been a person who cared about the mechanics of an organisation (since we doctors were too busy anyway), exposure to such information is really enlightening. Now I know why the company has to work in a certain way to ensure 'profitability'. Erm, that's in inverted commas because I'm in a non-profit organisation - so technically we have to call it surplus - but it basically means profit. Runs right down from the boss to Finance and Administration to Human Resource to Operations and Fund-Raising. All the cogs in the wheel has to be in place and run properly for smooth running of the organisation. The less disruptions the better. I guess that is true for all organisations, big or small.

After the meeting we has a dinner at a seafood restaurant in Section 14. Never realised there was one there. Well I'm not one for seafood, but I had to support it lah...anyway no comments on the food. The price was a bit heavy on the wallet though...maybe I'll bring some friends over there for dinner, and have them pay for it! Yeah...

No comments: