Thursday, September 27, 2007

Kuching: 25-27 September 2007

Cat City. But really I didn't see any cats at all! Anyway it's still a bit of a sleepy town in my opinion. Definitely not as happening as Kota Kinabalu. Well, I guess the town is a bit bigger compared to the last time I was here 12 years ago, but the main places of attraction remains as I remembered it. Some things never change, do they? Stayed at Harbour View Hotel - it's OK, but fell short of my expectations due to the lack of broadband Internet connection. But the dinner I had on Tuesday night - urrgh, it was as if the chef pured a whole bottle/bag or salt into the mee mamak goreng; with such a meal small wonder high blood pressure is not uncommon among Malaysians!

Anyway the trip and work was rather uneventful. Was brought around the city by a drug rep - but couldn't catch the breadth of the city and its places of interest on such a short time. But two things of interest happened on my was there and back. On my flight there, there was some 'drama' as a medical 'emergency' occurred and I was summoned - let's just say it was not any emergency (and it damn spoiled my reading pleasure!). And on my was back this evening, I bumped across a long-forgotten friend at the airport - I couldn't even recognise her at first but she recognises me! - and caught up on things. It's a refreshing end to a tiring journey.

Well, my shows are downloading fairly fast; can't wait to sink my teeth into them...bye for now!!

No comments: