Friday, January 18, 2008

Predictability 2

Hah, lightning does strike twice!! Just a few days after his comments, the stock market takes a beating yet again. At least it's not as bad as the one last year...but I guess the punters are smarter this time around, and a lot of small players are away from the market following the increase in minimum brokerage fees. For those caught, they have to lick their wounds...

As for me, I just found out that Ramunia has been suspended pending an announcement. Takeover maybe? Danged it....just sold 70% of my holdings two days ago. Me and my itchy hands...but that's my luck all this while. Go go Vincent Tan...sic...

You know what's irony is? The US financial giants (read Merill Lynch and Citigroup) whoring themselves to Asian and Middle Eastern sovereign funds for capital injection after reeling from the subprime debacle; and their saviours were the very ones looked disdainly upon by these once-mighty giants of the financial world. I would not be surprised if a few years down the line, the US would be 'owned' by Asians and Middle Easterners...the end of American-style capitalism?

No comments: