Sunday, January 27, 2008

Eee PC

Oh, my first impulse buy of the year! OK, I have been eyeing for some time...after my friend introduced me to its existence few months back. It's been selling like hot cakes, so I thought this was the one good time to grab it. Indeed there were not many units left when I made the decision...hopefully the right one!

Well its main attraction to me is the portability: after all it's 7' screen and 0.9 kg weight is half the size and weight of notebooks these days. While it is small, it does not lack power: battery life of 3 hrs and wi-fi enabled, it enables convenient surfing - that's the main reason I want it for! It can also play music and videos if I want it too.

I haven't gotten around to testing its full capabilities yet...but what I've seen is adequate for me. The scrolling is a bit jerky though, but one can't complain too much. The other drawback is that after all the preloaded software, there's just that miniscule 1.4GB flash space left; oh well, a 2GB thumb drive costs only RM 35 and that will do fine if I want additional space! Of course it doesn't come with any CD/DVD drives. Other than that I think it will serve me well...at a relatively inexpensive price of RM 1,299.

Specs:
ASUS Eee PC 4G
512 MB DDR-2 RAM
4GB SSD-flash drive
Wi-fi enabled
0.3 MP webcam
3 USB ports
SD/MMC card slot
Linux Xandros OS

I'll post the pics later, when I get it downloaded from my camera...

Edit: here they are...




No comments: