Saturday, January 19, 2008

Movie Marathon

I've never watched this much movies in a single week - so this is my marathon. Was sick in Butterworth over Monday to Wednesday and couldn't do much anyway; so why not go and spend some time catching up on some shows? So I did...

1. Game Plan
I think I'm a sucker for Disney shows. This is another attempt at creating a macho man-kiddie contrast, family type movie, ala The Pacifier. While I personally feel that The Pacifier was much better, this movie doesn't fall far short. The Rock I guess, is far removed from his macho-man character but doesn't look out of place; indeed he fits into the character rather well. But he's not the star of the show; eight-year old Maddison Pettis is. Wow, can that little girl act!!! She played the part perfectly. And to think that she has such a small part in Cory In The House. Will be looking forward to more from her; she reminds me a bit of Dakota Fanning. A good family oriented show, and a must for those looking for a feel-good feeling, even though a bit cheesy (aren't all those feel-good movies the same??) And oh, watch for the ballet play - the highlight of the two-hour movie.

2. National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
If only there were so much treasure around for people to find. It isn't actually that bad; it has its moments - action and comedic. Perhaps its main attraction are its star-studded cast. Other than that it doesn't offer much apart from being a good yarn. Well it does bring to mind whether such a book or document actually exists...after all a lot of truths we know today were rumours of yesteryear.

3. Alien vs. Predator 2
I've just got a single line for this: what a sorry excuse for a sequel!

I'm done!

No comments: