Thursday, June 28, 2007

Transformers

So OK, I was wrong about Transformers. It was better than I had expected. Of course one would go for all the action, but I find it good for another reason. Comedy. Yup...I may be crazy, but I've got another lame reason to like it. But it is funny, really. Much funnier than Pirates 3! Hats off to Shia LaBeouf - he's come along way his Even Stevens days. I thought he was really good in Disturbia too (erm, that's another movie, yet to be shown here I think), and he can only get better.

Anyway, back to this movie. The storyline is a bit corny, but there's no taking away from the action-packed robot scenes. Well, I cringed a bit at the remake of the Autobots, except Optimus Prime (well he could be better with his trailer attached too!) but the Decepticons were great. The battle scenes were confusing but exciting enough (there's a reason why the colours were bright and brilliant in the original cartoon series). And of course the ending leaves one drooling suspiciously of a sequel. I guess this is one of the better big budget release this summer. I'd rate it just behind Spidey, but way ahead of Pirates and FF4.

For now I won't comment on the upcoming releases: Harry Potter 5 and Die Hard 4.0. Just hope that it is as exciting as this one!

No comments: