Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Interview

Well, today was my first interview since SPA back in 1999...you knowlah we government doctors are so privileged to have a 'safe' job that we need not go for interviews of any sort. But anyway I decided that I had enough rest and had to look for a job. Not that I need the money, but I felt I had to go out and start practising medicine again.

How did it go? I got the job, so you could say it went well. The questions were pretty standard, but I didn't get to talk much. I had the feeling the MD was waiting for a person like me to come along, and I guess I was rather fortunate. Anyway, the job entails some travelling, so that's one of the perks. Pay is what I asked for (although the MD did say it was at the lower end of expectations - I answered money is not important!) plus all the allowances etc. but I have yet to see the offer letter. But like I said, money is not important... The post involves administrative duties as well, something I don't quite look forward to, but a necessary 'evil' in the private sector.

So I'm due to start in July: a new working environment, a new challenge. I look forward to it...and hope it goes well for me.

No comments: