Sunday, June 10, 2007

TV Season: The End - Part Two

Continuing my two cents worth...

CSI: Las Vegas (Season 7)
CSI: Miami (Season 5)
CSI: New York (Season 3)

I dunno...I feel the CSI series are nearing the end of their staying power. After all, the cases almost look the same, and the forensics are generally so well known now that it becomes second nature to the regular followers. Hence the attempts to spice up the series, while interesting, only holds one's attention for a short time. But they have their days too.

I particularly like the Miniature Murderer theme for CSI: Las Vegas - goes to show that a murderer can get away with it and that the CSI team is not the all-knowing geniuses they turn out to be, and the gripping finale to the season where another CSI is in distress (but not as great as the finale of Season 5, which in my opinion is the best of all the CSI episodes!). I find CSI: Miami a bit humdrum, and I was hoping Delko would have died after being shot - now there seems to be a love story in the making between him and Calleigh; and I wonder how much more of a role Ryan Wolfe will play... Personally I think CSI: New York has the most potential of the two spin-offs, I guess because of Gary Sinise. And I think there's more to the characters in that series that meets the eye, which can be explored to make things interesting...


Criminal Minds (Season 2)

This was a series I missed early on, mainly because it was not such a popular series. But I find this series more interesting than the CSI series, mainly because it explores the human psyche and their criminal behaviours - which lead to the science of profiling. I like the genius (and comic, aren't geniuses always ridiculed?) in the team: Spencer Reid. I especially like his capture, torture, flashbacks and coming to terms: a realistic view. Mandy Patinkin as Jason Gideon is just fantastic! But in general there's not much in terms of action; more talk and thinking. To me it's a must see series!


Bones (Season 2)

Another series that is not too widely popular, but interesting as it is loosely based on real-life experiences of a forensic anthropologist. The various episodes are not too fantastic, but really like the interactions between the characters in the series especially Dr. Brennan with Agent Booth; Angela and Jack; and with Zach as the comic. I loved the episodes when Booth shot a ice-cream truck clown, and his psychiatric evaluations that followed! I think this show has got potential too...


House (Season 3)

Aah, my favourite all-knowing, all-hating, all-sarcastic doctor. Hugh Laurie is great, and deserves his Emmy. I mean the cases are not that believable, but as a character, House is the doctor everyone loves to be. This season we see the softer side of House, as he nearly lost his practice licence after his contemptuous behaviour with a detective and over the resignation of his team. And there is his love-hate relationship with Cuddy and Wilson. Wonder how the series will play out next season? Can't wait...


No comments: