Saturday, April 28, 2007

Tax (Returns) Day!

Today's the day I submitted my Income Tax returns, the old-fashioned way. Surprise, surprise...it seems I have to pay a small amount this year. And since I had to submit the original income tax deduction receipts anyway I went to the IRB Office in Kelana Jaya.

There were few people around actually, but I guess most of them were upstairs doing their E-filing. I wanted to pay by cash but I was told to go all the way to to the Jalan Duta office to do so...what??? So I had to go back and write out a cheque for the amount and go back all the way to the IRB office to submit the cheque.

But it was quite smooth. Not many people around, surprisingly. If I know Malaysians (why not, since I'm one!) they'll wait for the last minute to do so...I wonder why? Maybe it's our competitive nature...

Well, I don't know about E-filing - apparently there were still a few glitches to iron out there. Maybe next year.

No comments: