Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finally!

Well, the good times had to end some time. And for Sanjaya, it did this week. But better late than never. How on earth did he get that far? Combination of good luck, questionable hair-do, and a make-believe persona...I'm sure that charmed millions of American tweens into voting for him. And oh, he's only 17...something American Idol producers have not overlooked I'm sure.

But that guy can't sing to save his life. The judges must have been turning in their sleep trying to figure out how he survives week in and week out. And he did just that. Personally I had expected him to go on the very first week of the finals, but he kept on hanging there.

Credit to him though, he gave a good performance in the Latina night - even Simon Cowell can't say anything about that. But that was one spark in a dimming light.

Enough about him: we have six left, and the competition heats up. I guess a lot could even see the eventual winner now: Melinda Doolittle, but anything can happen. Never had the difference between the singers so marked, demarcation between guys and girls so obvious. If I had my way, the guys could have all been eliminated by now; only Blake Richardson has got any real chance of making it all the way. Jordin comes off sparky, but I don't think she's got a chance; Lakisha needs to buck up. One thing I'm not sure, does it have to be a one guy, one girl final?

So my predictions on the coming weeks, in order of elimination: Phil, Chris, Lakisha, Blake, Jordin, and winner Melinda!!

No comments: