Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Week Away

Wow, what a week...by away I mean being away from the Internet!! Well I guess I learn not to use the computer during a thunderstorm. The power surges here are mean!!!! Fried my power supple as well as my ADSL modem. Imagine the feeling of not being wired to the outside world: I had withdrawal symtpoms just by not being able to follow my regular series online, not to mention the tons of email that was left unread.

Anyway got a new ADSL modem over the weekend...and then down to the grind of setting up the system all over again. Not to mention the problem I had with my LAN connection: probably screwed but still able to function respectably. Hmm...maybe when I have the time I'd need to get a PCI Ethernet card and install it, to be on the safe side.

Well at least I'm back online...slow as the connection is, it sure beats being totally disconnected. Hope to write more as my wired life gets back on track.

Till then....

No comments: