Sunday, August 19, 2007

High School Musical 2

Oh no! Another sequel... And you know how sequels are...never as good as the original. I was kind of hoping that High School Musical 2 would be different but alas, I was greatly disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high? But my expectations for sequels were never high to begin with, and unfortunately I was right to the money.

I wish they would have just let the first be it's one and only incarnation, but somehow the $$$ allure was too great. The first was a hit, and raked in the dough...so why should this be any different? Sure there will be those who will watch it once, but I don't think many will watch reruns. It has lost a lot of it's magic compared to the first...the songs and dance moves were just so so, and the actors seemed less energetic and fresh compared to last year; somehow the oomph was not there...maybe the novelty had worn off in the last one year. The storyline was fair, but I think the writers could have done much better. And a good thing is that the spotlight this time around was not so much on Troy and Gabriella, so there was some balance to the characters. However that could not save the show in my eyes.

Let's hope they leave this one alone and not have another sequel next year...pleaaaaseeee!

No comments: