Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Throttled...Part Deux


Well, I think it's official...our only broadband service provider has throttled local p2p connections too!! It is bad enough that throttling has taken its toll on foreign p2ps, but now even local ones...this is enough to make anyone's blood boil! Speeds crawling at single digits! And talk about killing the goose that lays the golden egg; don't these people understand that it is applications such as this that promoted the widespread use of broadband??

There are a lot of angrier people out there, but we have no voice or means to take action. Once a company has monopoly such as this, there is very little we can do. For me, it means I will downgrade my package - why should I pay an exorbitant amount just to surf the Net? Maybe if enough people cancel or downgrade their subscriptions, they will sit up and take notice.

Yeah, right...

No comments: