Friday, June 20, 2008

When God Speaks...

Ya know, I have not been to church for the last ten years...so when I first entered the church in Penang two months ago, I knew I was getting myself into something - trouble perhaps. I had isolated myself from Him for so long; I'd never expected to hear Him speak. But speak He did...not in a powerful way, but in a gentle whisper. I could not help but be amazed - He still remembers, and so do I. Unfortunately nothing changed inwardly. But something did change - something that I did not realise...

So from then on I made the decision to attend church services. So OK, nothing very fancy - the worship, the sermons etc. But each time I was there I felt myself drawn closer to Him. I still have not joined a cell group. But I still attended church services - seemed that each time He spoke to me.

Last week there was an announcement on a renewal/revival meeting in church this whole week. As usual I was skeptical, but He knew better. My heart was restless on Saturday and Sunday...I knew I had to go. He was calling to me. Monday night was a special night. The sermon was about God's power. I prayed like I've never prayed before...and then it came. God gave me a vision - not about myself, but for another person; and some instructions as well. There was no mistaking it. He really spoke to me that night - loud and clear. Tuesday night I felt his presence too, perhaps to a lesser extent. On Wednesday I was restless again. I felt that there was something He wanted to tell me, of which I could not understand. I prayed for clarity - and He answered. I may not like it, but well, if that is what He wants me to do, then yes God I will do it.

Yes I was on the other side of the fence. I had experienced life without God beside me. I was hungry and thirsty yet I did not realise it. But when I did I was hesitant. Yet now I know I need not have worried; he accepted me like the prodigal son I was. How can I not continue to walk with Him from now on?

No comments: