Thursday, July 05, 2007

More price hikes!!

Huh? Now that's a surprise!! Up by 10%!!! Wah lao...the price of almost everything is going up. First it was the petrol and utility prices/charges followed by toll rates; then vegetables and pork; lately there has been increases in flour and cigarettes; and this is the latest blow! Apparently the price of dried chili and groundnuts have also gone up recently. I guess that probably means my favourite chicken rice and nasi lemak is gonna cost a bomb soon...sob, sob...

Now I wonder what is next? We have a toll rate increase next year, likely to be followed by another petrol hike. I'm sure further more are planned somewhere down the line. And I just wonder where the government gets their 1.5% inflation rate?????

I guess this is what you get for giving the civil service a pay rise....

No comments: