Sunday, July 22, 2007

Butterworth: 20-21 July 2007

Hey, this was my first outstation trip for my new work. Quite an uneventful drive - I had to hope that my 8 year-old car wouldn't give up along the way. Apart from a bit of rattling when the speed approches 110 km/h, it behaved admirably. Took four hours, but at least I wouldn't have to worry that I could be caught for speeding! Of course there are a lot of speed demons on the road. Hope they got their dues...

I have never been to Butterworth; only to Penang Island - and that was at least six years back. Can't comment on the town since I saw so little of it. Well, the hotel (Pearl View) was OK - it had the thing I needed most: a free Internet broadband connection!! Managed to go over to a shopping centre - Sunway shopping complex, I think (yes, there is a Sunway there) - but nothing much to shout about, by KL standards.

But the food is really cheap. And tastes good too. Maybe not as good as Penang island, but I can't quarrel with the price. Can't remember the last time eating char kuay teow for RM 2.20, or a humongous claypot chicken rice for RM 7.00! Now that's value-for-money! Maybe the next time I'll have a bit more variety...

Looking forward to my next trip...

No comments: