Monday, December 04, 2006

Resignation

Have finally decided to resign from Government service. I am giving the required three-month notice. OK lar...since I've got almost a month and a half worth of leave to take.. Things are really not going down well with me. And with most of my colleagues as well.

My main grouse? Having to work the noon the following day after a night call is really too much. And to think that this is the only Emergency Department that I know with such requirements! I do not want to be a party to human error that will lead to death to a patient! Our Head-of-Department can't do much as this is the Hospital Directors prerogative. Combined with the fact that I have to be at home to help look after my father didn't leave me with much of an option. I guess this has been a long time coming...but the first step is always the hardest!

The coming year would be very interesting one for me indeed...

No comments: